Dharma Talk - Meditation, Buddhism, and Life: One Whole Practice.Time: 09/19 (Fri) 7:30PM~9:00PMLocation: 321 HUB @ Penn State.
- Introduce the basic concept of meditation, Buddhism and how we can practice in life.
- Everyone is welcome to join and ask questions.
- If you like, you can send us your questions in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meditation WorkshopTime: 09/20 (Sat) 10:00AM~3:00PMLocation: Room 107, Spritual Center @ Penn State. (Direction)Registration Fee: $10 (Lunch is provided)
- Enjoy 5 hours Chan Meditation workshop.
- Allow one to settle the mind and maintain a constant silent awareness in the stillness or movement.
- Learn basic sitting, including: posture, relaxation, and exercise, and breathing methods, concepts, etc.
- Introduce silent illumination.
- Online Registration: Please click here to register!
Music MeditationTime: 09/20 (Sat) 08:00PM~10:00PMLocation: Room 107, Spritual Center @ Penn State. (Direction)* Please bring your own musical instruments
- Experience music as meditation.
- Play musical instruments in a group Learn to harmonize with others while harmonizing your own body and mind--through awareness, relaxation, and mindful listening.
- Listen to a sample drum session here.
- All musical instruments are welcome.
- A native New Yorker and resident teacher of the Dharma Drum Retreat Center (http://www.dharmadrumretreat.org), Venerable Chang Wen is a western monastic disciple of Chan Master Sheng Yen. He received monastic training at the Sangha University in Dharma Drum Mountain, Taiwan, during which he attended and assisted with numerous intensive meditation retreats at the Chan Hall and aboard. Venerable Chang Wen holds a Bachelor's Degree of Science from the SUNY college of Environmental Science and Forestry. He is fluent in both English and Mandarin.